Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies of 2014 Until Now. PART 1
On 21 August 2014
It’s been a hot summer in 2014, but not as hot when it comes to box office records compared to the summer of 2013. This year, the box office was down nearly 18% according to deadline.com, or to put it in dollars, around $700 million. Even though it may seem like a loss of money, some analysts observed better overall profits, as the productions costs significantly went down. From this point of view, 2015 is announcing to be an interesting year as there are many sequels and spinoffs centering superheroes or animated characters.
Given this, here are the highest grossing movies of 2014, until now. Keep in mind however this is not a final version of this Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies of 2014, as some of them are still playing in theaters and … most importantly… 2014 is not over yet.
10. 22 Jump Street hit the theaters on June 4, 2014 in New York. With a 7.8 score on IMDB, this comedy managed to collect a worldwide gross of $304 million ($190 million is domestic gross and only $114 million is international). With an estimated budget of $50 million we can definitely say Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill successfully turned this movie into a summer hit.
9. Edge of Tomorrow was first released on May 28 in Switzerland and is a 2014 American military science fiction film starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. With a “Live Die Repeat” sort of storyline, this movie managed to sum up a worldwide gross of $363.8 million (72.6% of that is international gross, so it’s safe to say this was a more successful movie abroad). With an estimated budget of almost $178 million (aliens will cost you some money…) it’s safe to say Warner Bros had a pretty nice profit.
8. Guardians of The Galaxy: for those of you who might be outraged by this low position in the Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies of 2014, keep in mind that Guardians of the Galaxy is still airing in theaters, so there’s no way of telling where it will finally end up. After all, it was a great moneymaker this summer. Ever since its release on July 31, the movie reached a worldwide gross of $419 million (53.1% is domestic gross) with and estimated budget of $170 million. We’ll just have to wait and see what will be the final place this great movie will take.
7. Godzilla: with a May 8 release date, this epic rebirth of Toho’s iconic Godzilla grossed a total of $507.8 million, with a 60.5 percentage of international gross. With an estimated budget of $160 million, once again, it looks like Warner Bros. did a great job.
6. How To Train Your Dragon 2: the first animated movie to break the ice in the Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies of 2014 was released on June 5 and has a great score of 8.4 on IMDB. With an estimated budget of $145 million, Fox’s animated movie grossed a worldwide of $535.5 million.
Related articles you might enjoy...
Even though Guardians Of The Galaxy is still in theaters, fans are already becoming very excited about the sequel. Director James Gunn has already announced he is working on a follow-up film, which will be ready for launch in 2017.
They are famous, beautiful, talented and true role models for people around the world. They’ve found success in America and lived the American dream to the fullest. However, they were not born in the U.S, even though America would love to adopt them and be proud of what they’ve become. Here are some of the celebrities you didn’t know weren’t born in the US
The Big Bang Theory is getting ready for Season 8, where we will see Penny in a different position. And not only that, but some of the stars have signed some "Friends"-like packages that could earn them $100 million each over three years.
Continuing with our top ten make actors who went blonde for a role